Presents 2015 Monster Buck Contest
“MBC encourages everyone to bring their deer heads for scoring and displaying REGARDLESS of its potential to win any of the categories or the age of the mount. We want to display them for the world to see! NASHC will also score ANY deer head or horns you have and as many as you want regardless of how old it is for $10.00 per deer head or set of horns. Each person wishing to have a deer scored MUST purchase an armband to get into the event prior to registering the deer.”
Please review the Official Monster Buck Contest Entry Form by clicking here.
Monster Buck Classic Monster Buck Contest Awards & Prizes:
King of Kansas Typical and King of Kansas Non-Typical:
• $500.00 Cash Prize
• Monster Buck Classic King of Kansas Trophy
• Name on the coveted "Heisman" King of Kansas Trophy forever
• Reign as the King of Kansas until someone else brings in a bigger deer
All 1st Place Winners in each category:
• 1st Place Monster Buck Classic Contest Trophy
All 2nd Place Winners:
• 2nd Place Monster Buck Classic Contest Trophy
All 3rd Place Winners:
• 3rd Place Monster Buck Classic Contest Trophy
Monster Buck Contest Rules of Entry:
- Monster Buck Contest is open to Kansas Resident hunters who legally harvested a whitetail deer in the state of Kansas during the 2013 deer season.
- Contestants must show their 2013 Kansas Deer Hunting permit and allow MBC to make a photocopy of the license.
- Contestants cannot have any KDWP Game violations on record.
- Contestant authorizes MBC, at its sole discretion, to run a KDWP violation report to determine if contestant has any current KDWP game violations.
- All contestants are subject to a lie detector test administered by a third party upon request to determine if the buck is a legal buck under the rules described herein
- Anyone can have their Whitetail deer scored.
- The deer must have been harvested under free range conditions and not in an enclosed high fence area or any other unfair situation
- Professional hunters" are not allowed to enter the contest, MBC is creating a "Pro-Division" for these professionals to enter in future events
- Firearms are considered a rifle or legal hand gun
- Black powder is considered traditional or in-line muzzleloader
- Entries will be accepted on Friday from 3PM to 9PM and Saturday 9AM to 7PM and Sunday 9 AM to Noon.
- Antlers do not need to be mounted. Un-mounted antlers must have a solid skull plate.
- Buck must have been harvested in the current year hunting season to enter any of the Archery, Firearm or Black Powder categories. This year will include deer taken in the 2013 deer season.
- To compete in the Youth category, hunter must have be 16 years of age or younger at time of harvest. Proof of birth date required.
- Each deer scored will be given an official MBC scorecard
- Each buck will be given a numbered claim check and the deer given a stamped registration tag that will be placed on one of the horns. The claim check must be presented at the time of pick up
- A tie in scoring for any category placement will be broken in a Sunday "Crowd Favorite voting system" where the crowd will vote on their favorite from Noon to 2PM on Sunday. The loser drops one placement.
- King winners will give MBC the right to promote, market and publish the names of the winners and the actual replicated mounts.
- Entries eligible for one Award only.
- No entries can be picked up without permission before the Main Event is over on Sunday afternoon.
- Awards will be determined based on the Boone & Crockett and/or Pope & Young scoring methods.
- You MUST have a Claim Check AND Proof of Identity to claim your entry. No exceptions. Security of all bucks is a high priority at the show. We strongly suggest your trophy be locked in your car after it is returned to you. No trophy deer will be allowed on the show floor after it has been returned to you.
- All entries will be measured by Official Measurers using the Boone & Crockett and/or Pope & Young Scoring System.
- If entry is on the leader board in any category the buck must remain in the scoring area at the leader board or it is disqualified.
- Winners of the King of Kansas Typical or Non-Typical gives MBC the right to one "Replica" of the winning buck and cooperate with MBC in getting the original mount shipped to replicating source. The entire cost to replicate the winning deer and shipping is the cost of MBC.
- Replicating Source will ship the mold back to the winner along with the original mount and the replica will be sent to MBC from Classic Antlers.
- MBC will only own the one replica and have no other rights to the deer or mold.
- The mold is the property of the King of Kansas winner and NOT MBC.
- Replicating source has no rights to any replica, mold or any other rights to the deer head or mount whatsoever.
Reigning King of Kansas Typical Since 2013: Don Parr
County of Harvest: Johnson
Gross - 203"
Net - 194 6/8"
Reigning King of Kansas Non-Typical Since 2014: Cade Hays - Salina, KS
County of Harvest: Saline
Gross - 246 5/8"
Net - 238 6/8"
2015 Monster Buck Contest Categories:
Best of the Rest Typical
Best of the Rest Non-TypicalMen's Top 3 Archery Typical Whitetail
Men's Top 3 Archery Non-Typical Whitetail
Men's Top 3 Firearm Typical Whitetail
Men's Top 3 Firearm Non-Typical Whitetail
Men's Top 2 Black Powder Typical Whitetail
Men's Top 2 Black Powder Non-Typical Whitetail
Women's Top 3 Overall Typical Whitetail Any Method
Women's Top 3 Overall Non-Typical Whitetail Any Method
Youth Top 3 Overall Typical Whitetail Any Method
Youth Top 3 Overall Non-Typical Whitetail Any Method